Public Sector Document and Payment Process Automation
Improving Services in a Cost-Conscious Environment
When you work inside Federal, State, Local, and Municipal government agencies, you operate in some of the most challenging circumstances imaginable. You're required to improve services and efficiency -- while strictly controlling costs to meet budgetary constraints.
Bottom line? The work has to get done, the services have to be delivered on time, and all of it has to be executed within budget.
ACOM supports requirements for cost-effectiveness, efficiency, accountability
Many public agencies struggle with sluggish paper-based administrative practices. ACOM makes it easy to transition to an environment that offers the best of the conventional and electronic worlds. With ACOM tools, you can:
- Slash costs and expedite services through streamlined electronic administrative processes
- Maintain transparency by consolidating document management and retention in one place
- Elevate customer service with interactive, online access to their information and billing records.
Fortunately, there's a better alternative to paper: electronic document management
If you’ve been running on paper documents and records, it’s time to change. Electronic output and payment processing solutions can streamline your office processes from end to end, helping you:
- Increase efficiency
- Reduce costs
- Support compliance initiatives
- Improve customer and vendor relationships
- Facilitate disaster recovery with offsite electronic records backup and remote access
- Automatically produce and deliver outbound documents and payments
- Capture invoices and other inbound documents
- Automate multi-step processes such as procure-to-pay, approvals
- And more….
ACOM enables affordable end-to-end solutions for government agencies
With its modular integrated solutions, ACOM provides public sector agencies the ability to execute a full office upgrade, or to build out their new automation capabilities task-by task. ACOM gives you the power to:
- Set up electronic payment to vendors; cut per-payment costs by 75-90 percent
- Eliminate preprinted forms: design/store tax, utility, permit forms, etc. in-house; send by postal mail, email or web-posting.
- Automate accounts payable processes to increase efficiency and security while cutting costs and reducing errors.
- Eliminate separate payment runs -- produce both electronic ACH payments and checks in one run.
- Manage all your documents and files, and make them accessible to anyone, anywhere, using a secure, familiar, and intuitive browser-based user interface.
- Accelerate customer service with instant search/retrieve/distribution, accessing electronic document archives right from your web browser.
Eliminate paper documents from production, inventory and administrative processes
When you move from paper-based processing to electronic workflows, you achieve numerous efficiencies. These include opportunities to:
- Select and install modules that fit your process automation needs
- Capture, store, retrieve and distribute any document electronically
- Conserve tax dollars with streamlined, more efficient administrative procedures
- Integrate seamlessly with public sector accounting software (SunGard Public Sector, HTE, and more)
- Manage cash better by converting to electronic payments
- Improve accountability, reporting, and service, with electronic archiving
- Implement in just days
- Achieve ROI in just a few months
Learn how public sector agencies use ACOM to capture the benefits of automation
The best case for ACOM comes not from us, but from our clients. In the following studies, you'll find real-life examples of how public sector agencies like yours, have improved performance while reducing administrative costs:
- Forms and check printing- 3 government agencies using SunGard Public Sector (HTE)
- Document Management - Santa Margarita Water District to satisfy freedom of information requirements as well as voluminous record-keeping and disaster recovery needs
Get more value from your financial/ERP application investment